- This event has passed.
RSL Stroke Awareness 5K Run/Walk
May 20 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
This 5K Run/Walk is set up to bring awareness to strokes on behalf of Richard S. Lewis, Jr., who suffered a major stroke in March 2014 and lives today as a testimony.
Facts about Strokes:
- Each year nearly 800,000 people experience a new or recurrent stroke.
- A stroke happens every 40 seconds.
- Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Every 4 minutes someone dies from stroke.
- Up to 80 percent of strokes can be prevented.
- Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability in the U.S.
Join the Unity Baptist Church and our local community as we come together to support the awareness of the risk factors, symptoms and treatment options for strokes. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Stroke Association.
VENDORS ARE WELCOME!! – $50 Booth Fee
For additional information please email email@example.com or scan the QR code to visit the race site to register or to make a donation.